Always looking to save time with your social media, be more productive, or both? Every once in a while, we like to look at tools that can make things easier for you. There are – as you might suspect – some evergreen tools that just stick around because of how awesome they are, but you might find a new trick or two. Here’s a fresh look:
1. BuzzSumo. Allows you to see how well your content is doing on social media. You can use your site or someone else’s and look at performance.
2. Google Alerts. Want to monitor what people are saying about your personalities, shows, or station? You can do it with Google Alerts. Names, keywords, phrases. Allows you to focus on sending results to your own email.
3. Hootsuite. Still very strong in managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Schedule messages; measure your social media campaigns.
4. Typeform. Allows you to create great survey experiences. Want to share a quick survey and get feedback from your social media followers? Get closer to knowing your real audience. Ask questions and get answers.
5. Topsy. Allows you to curate and analyze the content of the competition.
The main point here is to look around. Don’t be afraid to experiment so you can make your social media easier and more productive. The more you look and learn, the more you know. That makes you more valuable.
Loyd Ford is the Direct Marketing, Ratings & Social Media Strategist for Americalist Direct Marketing and works with local radio clusters to launch and grow significant local-direct reoccurring digital revenue with Rainmaker Pathway Consulting. How much local digital revenue are you getting? He works with media brands all across the country to improve ratings and participation with custom contest strategy, telemarketing, strategic direct mail and social media for radio clients and he works directly with clients to boost significant local-direct digital revenue for local clusters. His interests include social media, digital local-direct revenue and non-traditional revenue for radio. And, yes, he believes you should be receiving more share of digital revenue in your local radio market along with higher ratings. Don’t just read. Get engaged in the process. Contact him directly @ 877.475.6864 or Americalist1@aol.com.